Helloooooo! How’s everyone doing?
I wasn’t able to blog last week. Ikukwento ko sa inyo later why. I wanna update you first with my anxiety disorder treatment.
Thankfully, I have not had any anxiety attack since the week after I came back from Amsterdam. Nakakatuwa. Things are pretty much going back to normal already. That’s 8 months since November when I was diagnosed ha?Although, hindi mo din masabi because I still get stressed every now and then. Pag ang normal na tao kasi is na-stress, wala lang. Stressed siya then finish na. Ako, iba ang arrive niyang anxiety sa akin. I can’t explain it exactly pero parang mas heightened ang feelings na yan for me. Mas nakakaloka in a very abnormal manner therefore I need to relax more to manage it and to lessen the impact of the stressors.
That is the reason why I’m not blogging as much as I used to now.
Dati kasi, sige, kahit hanggang noo na ang trabaho and things to do ko, I make sure I blog pa din. I love blogging kasi. I like being able to have stories that you guys can read. Sa sobrang daldal ko, I need a place where I can make “daldal” and tell everyone my kwento. However, I didn’t know, it was causing me anxiety na. For years I was always like, “I need to tell them (my readers) about this!” or “Kailangan ko magblog today.” or “Picturan ko na ito so I can blog it na.”
Even though I love to blog, I was pressuring myself to (1) think how to get things done and (2) cram and do everything so I can blog. By doing that, I wasn’t able to do relaxing things that people typically do like watching TV or just hang around doing things na hindi ka obligado gawin. Gets? Relaxation is so complicated! Hahahaha!
Alam niyo ba dati hindi ako nanonood talaga ng TV? Ang huling pinanood ko on TV is yung nahook ako dun sa Yaya Dub and Alden Richards teleserye during Eat Bulaga every Sundays. Eh ang tagal na nun, right? Hindi na nga ata sila ganun ka-patok ngayon eh so meaning that was a really long time ago pa. Ngayon I realized, masarap pala to watch Netflix and to chill lang. I really enjoy it.
Although ha, I don’t feel accomplished when I do that. Yung nasa TV lang ng matagal. May kulang sa buhay ko when I don’t blog so I am currently trying to figure out how to balance everything: being able to blog often and the same time chill.
Speaking of chill, sa totoo lang, hindi natin maiiwasan ang stress. It will come to you. Minsan nga di ba, may tinitingnan ka lang na mukha ng tao, nase-stress ka na? It’s a matter of how we manage it. Ako, I read the Bible passages that my dad gave me every morning. Nakakarelax kasi knowing that there is a God who is very powerful and who you can lift up everything to and make things okay. That is faith. Next, I do meditation as often also as I can. I downloaded the app HEADSPACE and MEDITATION. It really helps me relax and just be in the moment.
Anyway, I just received the results of my blood chemistry from our Annual Physical Exams here in the office.
Ang taas ng cholesterol ko and my LDL (bad) cholesterol.
I cannot believe it!
Hindi na nga ako halos kumakain teh! And mostly ang kinakain ko is damo and granola. I exercise often. Nakikita niyo naman. Hindi ko na alam bakit mataas pa din my cholesterol levels.
And then Pineda said yesterday baka sa stress daw so I researched the connection between STRESS and CHOLESTEROL.
May connection pala sila, mga bakla.
Check this out from HEALTHLINE:
There is compelling evidence that your level of stress can cause an increase in bad cholesterol indirectly. For example, one study found that stress is positively linked to having less healthy dietary habits, a higher body weight, and a less healthy diet, all of which are known risk factors for high cholesterol. This was found to be especially true in men.
Another study that focused on over 90,000 people found that those who self-reported being more stressed at work had a greater chance of being diagnosed with high cholesterol. This may be because the body releases a hormone called cortisol in response to stress. High levels of cortisol from long-term stress may be the mechanism behind how stress can increase cholesterol. Adrenaline may also be released, and these hormones can trigger a “fight or flight” response to deal with the stress. This response will then trigger triglycerides, which can boost “bad” cholesterol.
Regardless of the physical reasons why stress can impact cholesterol, multiple studies show a positive correlation between high stress and high cholesterol. While there are other factors that can contribute to high cholesterol, it seems that stress can be one, too.
O di ba? It’s very important to manage your stress. Affected talaga ang cholesterol levels.
I read more about it and found this very helpful advice from a very credible doctor.
“Meditation (15 to 20 minutes a day) helps relieve stress, 45 minutes rigorous exercise (heart rate should reach 120 bpm and above) three times a week helps lower anxiety levels and stress.” –Dr. Raja R. Gopaldas
He’s a Thoracic Surgeon. Based on his credentials, maalam siya. Click niyo yung name niya to know more about him.
I finished reading the book, IKIGAI by Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles. Ikigai is a Japanese word whose meaning translates roughly to a reason for being, encompassing joy, a sense of purpose and meaning and a feeling of well-being.
Super helpful the 10 Rules of Ikigai that I read there. Following these rules increases the chances of you living longer. Because sharing is caring, ito sila with my konting thoughts about it.
- Stay active. Don’t retire. – Even after your “professional” stint ends, it’s important daw to keep on doing things of value and the things you are good at.
- Take it slow. – This is very self explanatory and I am trying my best to apply this rule in my life now. Ako kasi si gorabelles lahat and instantly eh. I want to get things done efficiently kasi eh because I am very impatient and I hate it when time is wasted. That makes me always in a hurry which is not good pala.
- Don’t fill your stomachs. – Eat lang daw until you’re 80% full. I wish there’s a phone app that can determine that lelz. The advice daw is parang skip na lang dessert. Avoid stuffing ourselves with food. And we all know, gluttony makes us fat. If we follow this rule, mahaba na buhay natin, sexy pa tayo!
- Surround yourself with good friends. – Having friends daw is like living. There’s someone you can talk to, hang out with, talk to and confiding your worries to. Masarap when you have good and real friends around you.
- Get in shape for your next birthday. – Galaw galaw daw pagmay time. Do exercise. Hindi kailangan daw super strenuous. Basta active ka lang. If you can’t run, do walking like what my dad and I did every night in Amsterdam. If you can take the stairs, magstairs ka na lang. If you can walk to your destination, walk.
- Smile. – I think this is the same with being positive. There are things daw that can go wrong in your life but maganda na tawanan na lang din natin yun. Do not worry too much. #NoteToSelf
- Reconnect with nature. – Ako, I believe in this. During the kasagsagan of my anxiety bouts, I felt refreshed and relax whenever I walk from the parking lot of the Santuario church in Forbes to the church and back. It’s surrounded kasi with trees. Ang sarap ng feeling walking in the morning with fresh air and Mother Nature to accompany you.
- Give thanks. – Always be thankful for what you have. Don’t dwell on the things that you don’t have. Stop comparing yourself with others instead be grateful for what you have now.
- Live in the moment. – So nice what they wrote in the book: Stop regretting the past and fearing the future. Today is all you have. Make the most of it. Make it worth remembering. Di ba nga live you life as if you are going to die tomorrow?
- Follow your ikigai. – Your ikigai is your passion. It’s your unique talent that gives meaning to your day and to your life. Find it. My ikigai, I think, apart from being a wife and a mother, is blogging. I can see kasi that I am able to help a lot of people through this blog. Unless binobola lang nila ako, I can see that this blog makes people happy and the same time learn from me. Ang galing and I am very thankful for that. I want to nurture this and do this until I say good bye to the world.
Ang drama, lelz.
So that’s it! I hope you learned some things today. What are your thoughts? =)
Ikigai book by Hector Garcia and Francesc Mirales